It’s Monday, and it appears that we diminished our food stockpile over the weekend.
I need to buy groceries.
Though the pantry is bare, we can still eat cake.
It won’t be bursting with fruit or chocolate, but with a patina of flavorful glaze, this dessert is sweetly satisfying (and easy to make.)
- 1 c sugar
- ½ cup fat (butter, coconut oil, shortening)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup milk or water
- ½ – 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- Enough lemon juice whisked into the confectioner’s sugar to create a pourable glaze
- If you don’t have lemon juice, use milk or water with a few drops of flavoring.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Beat sugar and fat together. Add eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Mix dry ingredients with wet mixture.
- Place in greased 9 x 9 pan and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes.
- When cake is cooled, pour glaze over.
- Eat and enjoy.
- Now go buy groceries.
© Lisa M. Luciano 😊