Upcycling Wool Sweaters
Ten years ago, I found a book that inspired me to make things out of old wool sweaters.
(Warm Fuzzies by Betz White)
It’s rewarding to sew something pretty and practical out of a castoff “holey” cashmere sweater, or Uncle Ralph’s vintage plaid wool cardigan.
After accumulating stacks of sweaters and a few handmade patterns, I started an Etsy* shop: (Wool Soup)
Things got a little better after the first disastrous order.
I had sewn the mitten thumbs on backwards.
The customer had said, “These just don’t seem to fit right.”
Here are some of the creations I have made and sold over the years:
My Etsy shop Tagline:
I enjoy taking something discarded and unloved, and making it into something useful & beautiful.
My desire to do this with scraps of wool is just an imperfect shadow of what God can do every day with people like me…and you.
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.”– 2 Corinthians 5:17
- I am running a coupon now — good on all products in my shop.
- The HEART15 coupon code will give 15% off the cart at checkout until Valentine’s Day ~ 2/14/20.
- I don’t have a lot left in stock, but I’m adding new items regularly. And, I promise you won’t end up with any backwards-thumb-mittens.
More Etsy Shops
This week I have visited a few delightful Etsy shops hosted by other WordPress bloggers, such as:
- Encore Old Pianos — Gifts & Decor for Teachers, Musicians & Music Lovers
- ArtSnehal— Handmade watercolor painting of birds and flowers
- LePetit Saint Crochet — Making small things with great love
TiffanyArpDaleoArt— Colorful paintings
- OBriens Bees— When a chemist and an engineer become beekeepers
*Etsy is an online marketplace that sells unique handmade goods and craft supplies.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.